3D Modelling - Exercises
20/4/2026 - //2026 (Week 1 - Week )
Te Li Wen (0367811)
Design Principles - Bachelor of Design in Creative Media - Taylors
University
Exercises
Table Of Contents
-
Instructions
-
Week 1
-
Exercise 1
-
Week 3
-
Exercise 2
-
Week 4
-
Exercise 3
- Week 5
- Week 6
- Week 8
Instructions
Week 1
On our first week, Mr Kamal taught us the basics of blender and we
followed his demonstration on making a table.
Figure 1.2 Final Table
Exercise 1
For the first exercise, we had to create an object using what we
have learned from the demonstration. I choose a picture of a an old
camera.
Blender:
Figure 1.5 Starting Process
I first made a long rectangle, then added a donut shape for the lens
and made it longer. I added a few more rings and cylinders around the
lens to give it some depth.
Figure 1.6 Halfway Progress
As for the body of the camera, I flattened the rectangle and placed it on the surface. The same applies for the other objects.
Figure 1.8 Final Colors, Shadows And Materials
I made some parts blue and slightly metallic. Then I added some
different material shadows and chose this semi cartoony
rendering where the shadow is blocky but still a little
realistic.
Final Outcome
Figure 1.9 Final Viewport Render
Week 3
object mode > edit mode
select on the top face and extend using the move tool
edge > bevel tool > drag mouse off screen
ctrl + B
Figure 2.4 Beveling Bottle Faces
extrude tool > extrude along normals (basically extruding the faces only)
loop cut > set how many cuts you want
ctrl + R
Figure 2.6 Scaling Points
change the median point > individual origins > scale
adjust the levels viewport (not too much or your device will crash)
Final Outcome
Figure 2.9 Final Bottle Viewport Render Wireframe
I first colored all the glasses since they were transparent. Then the wine
bottle I colored it a dark green and added a label and colored the sealed
top in red to act as wax. For the margarita glass, I colored the liquid
inside a dark red.
Then I positioned everything nicely and duplicated the champagne glass and
rotated it to seem like it has fallen over. I also rotated the angle of
the wine bottle so you can see the label and behind of the bottle.
Final Outcome
Figure 3.8 Final Exercise 2 Viewport Render
Figure 3.9 Final Exercise 2 Wireframe Viewport
Render
Week 4
For this week, we are gonna learn about low polygon
modeling.
this would bevel the sides more instead of making it the same for
the top and bottom?
knife > left click > enter (to lock it)
select corners vertex > connect vertex path in vertex or J
alt select the sides bottom faces > extrude along
Week 5
Final Outcome
Figure Final Knife Viewport Render
Figure Final Knife Wireframe Viewport
Render
Week 6
Week 8
Week 9
For week 9, we learn about how to create a character using a spiderman model as a reference.
Add in both of the references.
Add a cylinder and make the body referencing both front and sides.
Add a new cylinder and extrude.
Mirror the legs.
For middle to join the empty part select the edges and right click and choose bridge edge loops
The feet is extended and manually adjusted. He told us not to follow the front view since its a top view.




















Comments
Post a Comment